10.10.2017 | 2:00 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
Practical examples and simple rules for joint trading. Farmers, producers and the trade in dialogue with each other.
The two central organic challenges of the food retail trade and its suppliers
• Upstream: Provide more organic
• Downstream: Win and groom the customer's trust in organic in the food retail trade
More organic through good cooperation with the supply chains
• Secures scarce raw materials
• Ensures more organic production
• Helps to avoid pig cycles and deviations in supply and demand
• Strengthens the credibility of the POS with the customers
• Signalises to the farmers that they can change over to organic
Trust and credibility through
• Convincing products in all categories,
• Discussions with customers (social media...) in spite of the lack of time and space,
• Clear communication of origin (avoid unrealistic idylls/romanticism),
• Recognise farmers and manufacturers,
• explore supply chains and different regional conditions together with the customers
• Soil, weather, regional stories, farm structures and the strengths of the farmers and manufacturers...
Conrad Thimm, Organic Expert, Berlin