The Chef of the Year is the competition for aspiring chefs from Germany, Austria, Switzerland and South Tyrol. The finalists are selected in three preliminary rounds and they go on to compete against each other in the grand final at Anuga.
Experience six young, motivated chefs, who will prepare and present a three-course meal before your eyes on this day. A star-studded jury will assess the dishes on site and elect the winner. In addition to the title and the professional recognition involved in winning the prestigious award, the award-winner can also look forward to prize-money totalling €10,000.
- 10:00 a.m.-04:00 p.m.: Live cooking competition of the finalists „Chef of the Year 2019“
- 12:30 p.m.-01:30 p.m.: Kaitai-Show by Balfegó
- 01:30 p.m.-04:00 p.m.: Service time | Tasting of the finalists‘ menus by the jury
- 04:00 p.m.-04:45 p.m.: The „Friesenkrone SJØ -Challenge“
- 05:00 p.m.-05:30 p.m.: Introduction oft he jury members / presentation of the candidates / awarding of the special prizes
- 05:30 p.m.-06:00 p.m.: Festive award ceremony and announcement of the „Chef of the Year 2019“